Shanti Falls Chikmagalur Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Shanti Falls Chikmagalur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 72 reviews
Shanti Falls Chikmagalur Address: Z Point, Chikmagalur, Karnataka, 577129, India
Shanti Falls is a small but refreshing waterfall on the trek path to Z Point. It's among the hidden natural wonders of Chikmagalur. Not many tourists visit this place; thus, it provides exactly what's in its name – peace (Shanti).
Located in the beautiful jungles of Karnataka, Shanti Falls is a great place to find solace. Its water cascades from the top to form a clear pool before falling into the valley below.
Many trekkers take its water on their way to Z Point top. Others visit it to take a bath in its pristine waters to re-energise upon returning from the trek. A hike to Shanti Falls is among the most offbeat things to do in Chikmagalur.
Surrounded by lush greenery, Shanti Falls Chikmagalur Karnataka is a must-visit place. You can visit it with friends, family or anyone seeking some adventure.
Things to do at Shanti Falls Chikmagalur
1. Enjoy the views – Nestled amidst lush green surroundings, Shanti Falls cascades down from the hilltop and reaches the valley below. The sound of the water gushing down the hills, leaves rustling and birds chirping from far in the woods can have a therapeutic effect. It's a natural beauty worth admiring. Shanti Falls provides a spellbinding view against the backdrop of exuberant green hills. The roads leading to the waterfall also have scenic views of woody hills and deep valleys.
2. Freshen up at the falls – Apart from the scenic beauty, the waterfall also acts as a stopover for tourists visiting Z Point. You can take a bath in the clear water of Shanti Falls Chikmagalur or just sit on the rocks relieving yourself from stress. Its water remains chilling throughout the year, even during the hot summer months. The waterfall receives relatively less footfall. So, it's free from all disturbances.
3. Trek to Z Point – The Z Point is a beautiful spot to watch the sunset and sunrise. And the route all the way to the top has deep valleys on one side and hills on the other. The real adventure of the trek starts only after the Shanti Falls. The trek provides breathtaking views of the region's hilly slopes and expansive grasslands.
Shanti Falls Timings and Entry Fee
Shanti Falls Chikmagalur is open every day. You can visit it during the daytime, from 6 AM to 6 PM, when it offers good visibility. And you don't have to pay any fee to see it.
You can spend about an hour here. However, have half a day reserved for the visit. It allows you to complete the trek to Z Point and spend plenty of time marvelling at the panoramic views.
Image Gallery of Shanti Falls Chikmagalur
Best time to visit Shanti Falls Chikmagalur
Shanti Falls is accessible throughout the year. But it's best to visit it during the post-monsoon and early-winter months. During those months, the trail is not muddy, and you get better visibility of the surrounding landscape.
So, the best time to visit Shanti Falls is from September to November. You can visit it also in the spring season.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Shanti Falls
- Prefer raincoats to umbrellas when visiting in the rainy season.
- Senior citizens and pregnant women should avoid this trek.
- Keep a careful watch on your kids.
- Carry salt for protection from leeches.
- Wear comfortable shoes for trekking.
- Watch out for sharp and slippery rocks.
- Carry a bottle of water and your own food.
- Be careful of the monkeys around.
- Have your camera handy.
How to reach Shanti Falls from Chikmagalur?
Shanti Falls is about 120 km away from Chikmagalur. The nearest bus stop is in Chikmagalur itself. The nearest major railway station is in Hassan, 120 km away. The nearest airport to Shanti Falls is in Mangaluru (around 200 km away).
Now, here's how to reach Shanti Falls from Chikmagalur –
By taxis/cabs – Taxis and private cabs are the best way to visit Shanti Falls. You can book them for an entire day from top car rental companies in Chikmagalur and visit the waterfall and other tourist spots of Chikmagalur. A drive through the forests would be a memorable experience for sure.
From where the approach road ends, the distance to the waterfall is about 2-3 km. You can hire a jeep to get closer or trek to cover the distance. During your trip, you can also visit Z Point, further 1-2 km up from the waterfall.
Looking for a Chikmagalur vacation package? Book any one of our customized tours and discover the hidden gems of this beautiful hill station. We at Chikmagalur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, design multiple all-inclusive Chikmagalur tour packages based on your budget and holiday style. Our expert team also offers the best travel deal in town to loyal customers. If you want to connect with us, fill out the Contact Us form and we will get back to you.