Chikmagalur is a charming hill town in Karnataka, attracting millions of tourists from all over the world. Ideal for a relaxing trip, Chikmagalur offers a multitude of sightseeing options. If you are looking for a break away from the monotony of city life you can book a Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Package.
Located on the foothills of the Mullayanagiri peak of the Western Ghats, the pristine hill station of Chikmagalur is also regarded as the ‘Coffee Land of Karnataka.’ Since the town was given in dowry to the younger daughter of the Chief of Sakrepatna, Rukmangada, it has been named Chikmagalur. In the local language, the name translates to ‘Young Daughter’s Town’.
Standing at a height of 3400 feet, Chikmagalur is a well-known serene retreat. In addition to the pleasant climate, you can enjoy the tropical rainforests, coffee plantations, mystical temples, green mountains, cascading waterfalls, and thrilling activities. Ideal for a trip with family, friends, loved ones, or colleagues, Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Packages by Holidays DNA is suitable for everyone.
We include the best cab vendors from Chikmagalur in our curated list of Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Packages designed to meet the needs of various travelers. You can explore the city in a hustle-free way as the entire planning of the tour is done by our team. There are several tour packages suitable for backpackers and solo travelers, and you can have a memorable time by choosing your preferred package with us.
The Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Packages can also be customized to explore the preferred tourist attractions in and around the town. Visit the hill station at leisure and have a comfortable trip with our Chikmagalur tour packages with stay and hotel.
Apart from the wide variety and customized Chikmagalur tour packages, our listed cab service providers take the additional steps and strive to make your tour enjoyable. Trusted drivers and local cab services take you to various sightseeing places in Chikmagalur.
Top Places to Visit in Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Packages
The best places in Chikmagalur included in a local sightseeing tour package are:
1. Coffee Museum: Chikmagalur has a comprehensive history of coffee making in South India. You can take a tour of the Coffee Museum established by The Coffee Board of India. The initiative upholds the history, geography, botany, technologies, and traditions of coffee-making.
It offers one of the best thematic descriptions of the history and the processes of coffee in the world. View the growing of the beans, drying, roasting, grinding, tasting, and brewing. You can see a short video documenting an easy-to-understand story about coffee.
2. Hirekolale Lake: Unwind amidst nature at Hirekolale Lake. It is an artificial lake encircled by the majestic mountains of Western Ghats. It was built to provide water for irrigation and drinking to the town of Chikmagalur. The best time to visit this place is twilight when you can capture incredible views of the sunset. You can also feast on the mesmerizing vistas of the Mullayanagiri Hills from the lake.
3. Jhari Waterfalls: One of the famous waterfalls in South India, Jhari Waterfalls is also called the Buttermilk Falls. The wide and thin white layer of water flows through the steep rocks. Dense forests and coffee estates originating in the mountains encircle this enchanting place.
In the lower part of the waterfall, there is a pool where you can take a dip, swim, and play. You can visit the waterfall for picnics and trekking. It is the perfect place for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
4. Inam Dattatreya Peetha: Located on the beautiful Baba Budangiri hills, Inam Dattatreya Peetha is a unique pilgrimage spot, appealing to both Hindus and Muslims. The laterite cave had been the shelter for Guru Dattatreya and Hazrat Dada Hayath Mir Khalandar.
While the Muslims celebrate the Urs festival in the 3rd month of the Islamic calendar, the Hindus celebrate Karthik Purnima in late October and early November months. You can trek to the spot for a relaxing trip to cherish the overall enchanting views.
5. Mullayanagiri: Perched on the Chandra Drona range at a height of 1950 m, Mullayanagiri is the highest peak of Chikmagalur. It is well-admired for its coffee plantations, verdant grasslands, rugged terrains, and tranquil environment. You can explore the small caves and see the Western Ghats in their full glory on a clear day.
The top attractions here are a Nandi statue, Sunset point, and Tapasvi Mullappa Swami Temple. It is also a hub of activities for adventure-seekers. You can participate in thrilling activities like mountain biking, trekking, camping, and hiking.
6. Baba Budangiri: A popular attraction to visit on your Chikmagalur local sightseeing tour, Baba Budangiri is a famous mountain peak. Also known as the Dattagiri Hill Range, it is the 2nd highest peak in the state of Karnataka. The mountain is a shrine to the Sufi Saint Baba Budan or Hazrat Dada Hayath Mir Khalandar. Hence, it is flocked by Hindus and Muslims alike.
Reflecting communal harmony, this spot stands at 1895 meters. Trekkers and adventure-seekers love the winding trails, rocky patches, rolling hills, blade bridges, cave explorations, and camping grounds. It is also an ideal picnic spot and photography destination.
These are just a few tourist attractions, if interested you can also plan a visit to other places in Chikmagalur such as Belavadi, Bhadra Dam, Hebbe Falls, Z Point, and Kemmanagundi.
To add a bit of fun to your travel, you can try river rafting at the Bhadra River. Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is another sightseeing place that must not be missed by any nature lover.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing Tour Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi local sightseeing tour packages, Chennai local sightseeing tour packages, Kolkata local sightseeing tour packages, Hyderabad local sightseeing tour packages, and Mumbai local sightseeing tour packages.
If you have an extra day or two and wish to explore more areas near Chikmagalur on your Chikmagalur local sightseeing tour packages, then you can choose an exclusive tour to places such as Sringeri Sharada Peetha (57 km), Kudremukh National Park (59 km), Kalhatti Falls (28 km). Interested? Hurry request a call back now for the best experience of local sightseeing in Chikmagalur!