Hanumana Gundi Falls Chikmagalur Entry Fee
- 50 per person
Hanumana Gundi Falls Chikmagalur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 50 reviews
Hanumana Gundi Falls Chikmagalur Address: Kalasa Main Rd, Sheerlu, Chikmagalur, Karnataka, 577142, India
Located near Kudremukh National Park, Hanumana Gundi Falls is a tiered waterfall gushing down onto natural rocks. It's in a serene location surrounded by lush green forests and hilly terrains. You need to climb down 300 stone steps to reach the base of the waterfall. A tiny, not very deep, pool is formed there.
Hanumana Gundi Falls is also called Suthanabbi Falls by the locals. And it's popular among adventure enthusiasts. Earlier, you could take a rejuvenating bath in the pool. But these days, you can only watch the water falling from a height of 100 feet.
The place remains mostly untouched. It doesn't attract much of a crowd. So, Hanuman Gundi Falls near Kudremukh is an excellent spot for nature lovers. It provides you with a laidback getaway amongst nature. You can spend a fun-filled day amidst forests.
Things to do at Hanumana Gundi Falls
1. Trek down the steps – Hanumana Gundi Waterfalls is under the control of the forest department. It's near Kudremukh National Park. It takes a walk down around 300 steps to reach the base of Hanuman Gundi Falls Kudremukh. So, it's a great trekking trail for experts as well as first-timers. The track is worth trying for adventure lovers.
2. Relax and unwind by the falls – In Hanumana Gundi Falls, you can enjoy the beauty and greenery of nature. It's in a steep valley, in a peaceful surrounding where all you can hear is the thunderous sound of the waterfall. It can be a soothing experience away from city life.
3. Explore the flora-fauna nearby – Surrounded by Kudremukh National Park, the area is rich in varied flora and fauna. It's full of lush green forests, rivers and caves. Stretches of grass are spread across the landscape. The national park is home to predators like wild dogs, tigers and leopards. Gaur, sambhar, and macaque species are also common.
4. Spend a night in the wild – Cottages and tents are available near Kudremukh National Park and Hanuman Gundi Falls route. So, you can spend a night by the waterfalls. Homestays and other accommodation facilities are also available in the surrounding area.
Hanuman Gundi Falls Timings and Entry Fee
Hanuman Gundi Falls Chikmagalur is open every day from 9 AM to 5 PM. The forest department charges a nominal fee of ₹50 per person as an entry permit. An additional ₹20-30 is charged for parking your vehicle.
Image Gallery of Hanumana Gundi Falls Chikmagalur
Best time to visit Hanuman Gundi Falls Chikmagalur
Although Hanuman Gundi Waterfalls is accessible throughout the year, the best time to visit it is in the post-monsoon months. The trail is not muddy, and the steps are not as slippery as in the monsoon season. You can also visit it in winter and spring.
So, the best time to visit Hanuman Gundi Falls is from September to April. The water level is just right, and there is no overflow.
Time to explore Hanumana Gundi Falls
You can spend about 2-3 hours at Hanuman Gundi Falls. But since it's far from Chikmagalur, you'll need to spare almost an entire day for the trip.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Hanumana Gundi Falls
- A walk down 300 steep steps is required to reach the watch platform.
- Access to water is allowed as per the decision of the forest department.
- Senior citizens and pregnant women should avoid this trek.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited in the area.
- Carry a bottle of water and your own food.
- Wear comfortable shoes for trekking.
- Watch out for sharp and slippery rocks.
- Have your camera handy.
How to reach Hanuman Gundi Falls from Chikmagalur?
The entry point to Hanumana Gundi Falls and the forest department's office is about 120 km away from Chikmagalur. The nearest town is Kudremukh, from where it's about 19 km away. The nearest railway station and airport to Hanumana Gundi Falls are in Mangaluru (around 80 km away).
From the entry point, the waterfall is 3-4 km away. The forest department arranges for a jeep to take you there.
Now, the following are the different ways to go to Hanumana Gundi Falls from Chikmagalur –
By buses – You will find many buses from the Chikmagalur bus stand to Kudremukh town. From Kudremukh, you can get a taxi to the entry gate. The falls are 3-4 km away from the entrance, which you can cover by the jeep of the forest department.
By taxis/cabs – Taxis or cabs are the best way to visit Hanuman Gundi Waterfalls. You can book them for the day from top car rental companies in Chikmagalur and explore the waterfall, Kudremukh and nearby tourist spots. Hanuman Gundi Falls journey is a memorable experience as you pass through hills and forests.
Looking for a Chikmagalur tour package? Book a Chikmagalur vacation package with us to enjoy the best time of your life visiting the top sightseeing places of Chikmagalur comfortably. We at Chikmagalur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, are here to help you plan your perfect holiday. If you need any assistance or guidance regarding the best packages, feel free to contact us via the Contact Us form.